Monday, March 31, 2008

Fantasy League Time!!

It's my favorite time of the year. Our boys are about to take the field for opening day against the hosers from up north, the Toronto Blue Jays. Please, like they stand a chance in this year's AL East running!...

Although I'm pretty excited for the MLB season to start (and don't even try to tell me that crap about the "real" opener being in Japan last week...), I'm even more thrilled about fantasy baseball. Yeah, that's right. I'm in a fantasy league this year!

What, you don't think it's fair for the owner of the best friggin' ballclub on the planet to get to play fantasy baseball? Well screw you. My "real" team hasn't won a championship in 7 years, so I figure this is the best shot I have of winning it all.

Anyway, our draft was last night. I can't go into the details because a couple of the other fellas in the league are in hot water with MLB right now and I'm sure they wouldn't want the additional "exposure", if you know what I mean.

I will tell you this though: Everyone figured if they got the first pick they'd go with A-Rod. Not me, baby! I'm tired of that spoiled rotten punk. I can't believe Hank and Cashsuck, er, I mean Cashman, re-signed him. I guess it just goes to show you how out of touch I am these days...

Anyway, back to reading my copy of Canseco's new tell-all tale, Vindicated. Sheesh, if I find any more Yankees in this damned book I'm gonna scream!

No comments: