Thursday, April 10, 2008

Giambi's Batting Averages Matches His I.Q.

What are the chances? Our "first baseman", and I use the phrase loosely, has an I.Q. of 56 and a batting average of .056. Remarkable. Ever since he stopped using "that stuff" his skills have gone in the crapper.

The only comfort I can take in this is that David Ortiz is also hitting well below the Mendoza line. After yesterday's game he's batting a whopping .091. At least those idiots in Boston have the good sense not to put him on the damned field though! I keep pleading with Girardi to bench Giambi or at least not put him on first...you can see how little weight I carry these days.

Speaking of which, why the hell is Kyle Farnsworth still in pinstripes?! He comes on in the fourth inning of a shutout, pitches two lousy innings (and I mean lousy) and proceeds to get tagged for 2 runs and the loss. Nice. I don't know why we haven't unloaded this chump yet.

No comments: