Thursday, June 28, 2007

Good Team Meeting!

Wow, I'm totally rejuvenated! I just called a full team meeting and I'm confident it will result in a complete turnaround.

I decided to try some of that "reverse psychology" on 'em. You see, we're in the midst of a 4-game losing streak and it's the day after a shutout where we only managed to get 5 freakin' hits! It's fair to say I'm more pissed now than I was when we melted down in the 2004 playoffs against those pricks from Boston.

Did I let my anger show through when I met with the team? No way! In fact, I went to every player in that room, gave each one a tight hug and told every last one of them that I love them deeply. Matsui pulled back at first...I think it was that damned language barrier again, but I'm pretty darned sure my message got through, loud and clear.

(Note to self: In the future, it might be best to skip the hugs with the guys that are just coming out of the shower.)

No comments: