Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm Gonna Buy Ted Willams' Frozen Head!

Yep, you read that right. I have some money left over after the trading deadline and since Cashman was unable to get me a ringer, I thought I'd by the head of a dead one!

To tell you the truth, I never believed all the stories I'd read about Ted's head being on ice. So during some travels this week I stopped by the cryogenic facility where the Splendid Splinter's melon now lives and told them to show me the proof. Sure enough, a fellow dipped in with a giant pear of tongs and there he was! I snapped that picture you see here as proof that he's really in there.

The paperwork still needs to be signed and all, but I'm about to acquire the last available piece of one of Boston's true heroes. I've already got a room full of amazing collectibles from over the years (e.g., Billy Martin's last beer bottle, Ruth's last cigarette butt, etc.) but this one goes to the head of the class. Oops, sorry, poor choice of words.

No comments: