Thursday, October 18, 2007

You Heard It Here First: Joe Girardi Is Our Next Manager!

Poor ol' Joe Torre. He couldn't accept the pay reduction we offered. Let me tell ya though...we paid him too much these last 7 years and there's no way I'm going to continue that trend. Hell, I think he should be paying me for the privilege of managing the "New York Freakin' Yankees!"

I'm going to let you in on a secret... See that picture on the left? That's not from several years ago...that's from earlier this afternoon! We brought Girardi in to look around The Stadium and, get this, he asked if he could wear the pinstripes while taking the tour. How cool is that?!

Actually, Girardi didn't think this was so cool after all. He's pointing to my son and telling him to "get that damned camera away from that stupid old man!" Don't take it the wrong way though...Joe's a big fan of mine.

Everyone's talking about how Don Mattingly is the lead candidate for the job. No way. I don't believe in promoting from within. That's way too humane for my tastes. Nah, I prefer a guy to come here, get a taste of what it's all about and then learn the business somewhere else. Mattingly has no experience outside of our organization and he's been drinking the Kool-Aid for too long. Girardi's my man!

No comments: