Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I Wish Johnny Damon Was Still An Idiot

Remember that long-haired freak that used to play for the Red Sox? I thought we got him as a free agent a couple of years ago, but the guy we got can't get on base to save his life!

Look at the stats. Damon is barely hitting his weight at .241 and he's our lead-off hitter? You've got to be kidding me.

I keep telling Torre that he needs to do something about it but he ignores me. Torre reminds me of Billy Martin, but without the passion. Martin would have yelled back at me every time I told him to change something. I loved that about him. That's why it was so doggone hard to fire him all those times.

Anyway, back to Damon. Am I the only one that thinks he throws like a girl? I'm pretty sure my 77 year-old legs could tag up to 3rd on him, even if it's a pop up to short center. The guy simply has no arm. It's tragic, but remarkable that he's been able to call himself an outfielder all these years.

No comments: